Dr.Web® for MIMEsweeper Troubleshooting
If you encounter issues using the Dr.Web® for MIMEsweeper plugin (for instance, if the server where the plugin resides crashes or you have problems with receiving emails), make sure that the problem is not caused by another application. To check that, do one of the following:
- Turn off the Dr.Web content scanner in the MIMEsweeper Policy Editor and on the toolbar click Save MIMEsweeper policy. This cancels loading of the Dr.Web plugin and restarts MIMEsweeper Infrastructure Service, which applies the change.
- Uninstall the Dr.Web plugin; turn off the Dr.Web content scanner in the MIMEsweeper Policy Editor, and on the toolbar click Save MIMEsweeper policy.
After you disable the Dr.Web content scanner, the plugin does not affect operation of the server where the MIMEsweeper resides. If the server operation remains unstable, the issue is most probably caused by other application than Dr.Web plugin.
If there are reasons to believe that the issue is caused by the Dr.Web plugin, collect as much information as possible to help our experts to locate the error and respond to your question as soon as possible. To collect the information required:
- In not installed, install the Dr.Web for MIMEsweeper plugin according the Dr.Web for MIMEsweeper Administration Guide.
- Turn on logging by setting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Doctor Web\DrWeb for MIMEsweeper\Log\Enabled registry value to 1. Restart the plugin by clicking Save MIMEsweeper policy on the toolbar of the MIMEsweeper Policy Editor.
- Use the msinfo32.exe utility to save information about your system in a *.nfo file.
- Save the output of the net start command.
- If possible, reproduce the problem in as much detail as possible.
- From the MIMEsweeper Policy Editor, export (copy and save) all properties of the Dr.Web content scanner scenario.
- Indicate the version and build number of the plugin. (Select Add or Remove Programs, then select Dr.Web for MIMEsweeper and click Click here for support information to view the full version number.)
- Indication the version and build number of the ClearSwift MIMEsweeper for SMTP. (Navigate to MIMEsweeper for SMTP node in the MIMEsweeper Policy Editor and select About in the right part of the window.)
- Indicate the name and version of the mail server which you use with the MIMEsweeper.
- Save Event Log of the operating system where the Dr.Web plugin resides. It is saved in a *.evt file (Application and MIMEsweeper logs).
- Copy information from the license key file to a text file. Usually, the license key file is located at %programfiles%\DrWeb for MIMEsweeper\drweb32.key Note: Do not place the license key file itself in the folder where it can be access by other users.
- Export to the *.reg files the following registry branches: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Doctor Web and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DrWebEngine
- Copy the MIMEsweeper logs. Usually, they are located at %programfiles%\Clearswift\MIMEsweeper for SMTP\Program\log\
- If one or more of the MIMEsweeper services, system services or plugins, Dr.Web services or any other services or applications crash] when you reproduce the problem, collect the memory dump of the service (application).
- If you encounter the problem while processing a particular message or attachment, add the message or attachment to the files you send to the Dr.Web laboratory.
Thus, the files required are:
- Dr.Web for MIMEsweeper logs
- MIMEsweeper logs
- Exported registry branches
- Content Scanner settings
- Exported Event Logs
- Problem files and messages
- Memory dumps
- License key details
- Dr.Web for MIMEsweeper, MIMEsweeper and operating system details
- Net start command output
The more data you provide, the faster the issue will be solved. And vice versa… After collecting the necessary data, go to the Dr.Web (R) Bug Tracker, create a Bug Report for the MIMEsweeper-plugin project and attach to the report all collected files. Remember that the Dr.Web (R) Bug Tracker allows you to upload file of no more than 2 MB each. Therefore, please, archive the large files before uploading. To upload files of 2MB or more, contact the Dr.Web support.